- Feel a tempo that appeals to me.
- Find a time signature that jives at the chosen tempo.
(Bonus points: tempo is in a time signature other than 4/4)
- Fit a theme, harmony, or melody to the tempo and time signature.
- Develop the theme by adding missing pieces: harmony, melody, etc.
- Repeat step 4 until the song feels complete.
- Share the completed song with the world!
Here’s the cover art for RMNP!
Releasing March 1st
Pre-save the album on Spotify!
The new American Pika album releases March 1st on a streaming service near you!
Pre-Save the album in Spotify:
This is a quick note to let y’all know that the next single from Desert Season, “Quandary”, will be streaming on Friday, January 4th, 2019! You can pre-save the song at this URL: https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/americanpika/fZ4i
Quandary is named after a canyon in the southwest corner of the San Rafael Swell. There are several rappels, some swimming, potholes if you want them, and a long walk back to your car. This was where my partner and I were introduced to Class 3 canyons in 2013. If you’re new to canyoneering, checkout the great website, www.canyoneeringusa.com, for more info before heading into the Swell.
Thanks for listening to American Pika!